Welcome to the first recipe in the Archaeology Gastronomy video series. Learn about Ancient Greek cuisine and watch me cook honey glazed prawns.
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 200g prawns (raw preferred, but cooked will do fine)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mix together the olive oil, honey, Worcester sauce and oregano. Use about two thirds to marinade the prawns for twenty minutes to half an hour. Set aside the remaining one third of the sauce for later.
- Heat a couple of splashes of olive oil in a small skillet or frying pan and gently fry the prawns for three to four minutes until they are pink (if you are using cooked prawns, cook until warmed through).
- Tip onto a plate, pour over the remaining sauce, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and enjoy immediately.