Rumour has it this lovely weather isn’t going to last. Boo! My spirits are always lifted by blue skies, bright sunshine and not having to wear boots in order to step outside without freezing my toes off.
We’ve made the most of it at no 41 this week: steaks on the BBQ, pints in the beer garden, bikes rides along the river. Last night I baked a side of salmon and today I flaked some of the leftovers into bulgur wheat with a little red pepper and a couple of scallions. A spring lunch I’m going to remember over the next couple of weeks when its a little less cheery outside!
For no other reason than my in-laws came to lunch, this recipe serves 3 people.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1-2 scallions, finely chopped
- 200g cooked salmon, flaked
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soak or cook your bulgur wheat according to the packet instructions (for me, that was leaving it for 30-40 mins in one and a half cups water).
- Drain and mix with the salmon, red pepper and scallions.
- Season with salt and pepper